Business Insider recently launched a special series called “Autonomous World” that covers self-driving cars. It’s thorough!
Articles (I have not read all of them yet) include:
- Uber has a plan to completely change your city
But what if you live a town, village, township, or an unincorporated part of a borough, parish, or county?
- Self-driving cars are prone to hacks — and automakers are barely talking about it
I haven’t read this article, but, having worked for Ford, I am skeptical of the headline.
- Uber is bringing its self-driving cars to San Francisco
I’m super-excited to ride in one of these.
- Former Tesla and BMW exec says self-driving cars will start to kill car ownership in just 5 years
I agree, but keep in mind that AOL (another former employer of mine) still generates about half a billion dollars a year in revenue from dial-up. “Starting to kill” something, and “actually killing it” are two different animals.
- These 20 companies are racing to build self-driving cars in the next 5 years
Good overview. Explains the headline above.
- This is the tangled future of tech and transportation
All roads lead to Didi.
- Here’s why self-driving cars can’t handle bridges
It’s because bridges look different than anywhere else a car goes.
- How Google’s self-driving cars see the world
Hint: through a lot of sensors.
- Uber’s self-driving cars are impressive — but there’s still a lot they can’t do
Which is why they are looking to hire engineers from the Udacity Self-Driving Car Engineer Nanodegree Program!
- A top Silicon Valley investor predicts that 2 years from now everyone will be chauffered around in driverless cars on highways
That is Chris Dixon, by the way.
- Lyft co-founder says human drivers could soon be illegal in America
Anything’s possible, but color me skeptical
- 8 ways self-driving cars will drastically improve our lives
I love these!
- The man who invented the first self-driving motorcycle is leading Uber into the future
I’ve heard people compare Anthony Levandowski to Elon Musk.
- General Motors will test self-driving cars on public roads in Michigan
Don’t count Michigan out.